Klokken: Hele dagen
Please note this course will be taught in English
Non-residential with camping and residential options
Payment includes all food, camping, site visits, materials, and a Permaculture Association (Britain)’s Certificate in Permaculture Design.
For more information about Hoerhaven (in Danish) visit http://www.hoerhaven.com/
Why do a PDC?
We will be using practical, experiential and theoretical teaching methods to create a fun, lively and inclusive experience. In addition to traditional lecture-style teaching, we use group work, discussions, observation exercises, guided walks, practical activities, videos, and slide shows as learning methods. These are supportive of different learning styles and for people with learning difficulties. We also visit projects where permaculture theory is being put into action.
- Why permaculture is particularly relevant today
- What nature can teach us about meeting our all needs more effectively and sustainably
- The ethics and principles that underpin permaculture and inspire harmonious designs that work with nature
- Simple techniques for caring for soil, water, trees and animals
- How to improve your own food security, including permaculture gardening and farming methods
- How permaculture can make cities healthier and more productive places to live
- Techniques for building eco-friendly, low impact homes and how to design them into the landscape, minimising both pollution and unnecessary work
- What really constitutes ‘appropriate’ technology
- Some effective, low-tech surveying tools to analyse and map the landscape
- How to make the best use of space and slope in land-based permaculture designs
- How to apply permaculture thinking to social structures, including alternative economies
- How to achieve bountiful yields with a minimum of effort and create win-win situations rather than trade offs
- How to start using permaculture in your own life and community, to create a more sustainable lifestyle
- And much, much more!
During the second half of the course you will be guided in small groups through a permaculture design process, applying what you have learned to produce an original design on the site. This experience will help you to later apply it in creating further designs for your own home, garden or business.